Homemade Gluten-Free Bisquick
This recipe makes homemade gluten-free Bisquick that you can substitute cup for cup in your favorite Bisquick recipes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 7 cups homemade Bisquick
- 4 cups finely ground white rice flour (16 ounces; 455 grams)
- 2 cups tapioca starch (8 ounces; 226 grams)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (1 3/4 ounces; 50 grams)
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening (8 ounces; 226 grams)
- Place white rice flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum in the bowl of a food processor. Run food processor for about one minute to combine. Add shortening. Pulse to combine, about five medium pulses. No large pieces of shortening should remain.
- Store mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 8 weeks.