Gluten Free Cinnamon Donuts
1/2 c. brown rice flour
1/4 c. tapioca starch/flour
1/4 c. potato starch (not flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. plus 2 tbs. vegetable oil
1/4 c. plus 2 tbs. milk
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Coating: 1/4 c. granulated sugar plus 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Grease one 6-serving non-stick donut pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk brown sugar, egg, vanilla, oil, milk and vinegar.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Spoon batter into prepared donut pan, filling each donut well about 2/3rds full. Batter should not cover the center of the donut well.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until donuts rise and set. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in pan. Carefully remove donuts and transfer to wire rack over a cookie sheet or waxed paper.
6. Combine the coating ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Dip each of the donuts into coating, flip and coat the other side.
My husband thought these were pretty good. He really misses have a donut and coffee with friends. Now I can freeze a few of these, and he can thaw and microwave or reheat in oven as he wishes.
I bought this pan with a 40% discount at Michael’s. I think I should have purchased two.