I really enjoy dark breads and found this recipe to be just perfect. I made a corned beef this week, and this made the best corned beef sandwiches. It was pretty tasty toasted with jam too. My husband, Rick, liked it toasted with peanut butter warm right out of the bread maker. (It sliced well being warm.) I have been attempting to try out a new gluten free recipe each week, this being for last week. I purchased a donut pan this week at 40% off at Michael’s so will attempt making some gluten free cinnamon donuts for my hubby. He really misses his donuts with coffee!
3 large eggs
1 tsp. cider vinegar
3 tbs. oil
2 tbs. dark molasses
1 1/2 c. water
2 c. brown rice flour
1/2 c. potato starch flour
1/2 c. tapioca flour
1 tbs. xanthan gum
3 tbs. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. dry milk powder
1 tsp. instant expresso coffee
2 tbs. caraway seeds
2 1/4 tsp. (1 pkg.) active dry yeast
1. Combine wet ingredients; pour into the baking pan.
2. Measure the dry ingredients a bowl and mix thoroughly to blend. Add to the bread machine pan. Seat bread pan into the bread maker.
3. Select NORMAL/WHITE cycle; start the machine.
4. After the mixing action begins, help mix any unmixed ingredients into the dough with a rubber spatula, keeping to the edges and the top of pan to prevent interference with the paddle. If batter is dry, add water one tablespoon at a time until moist enough for the machine to mix by itself.
5. Remove pan from the machine as soon as the bake cycle is complete. Invert pan and gently shake to remove the bread. Cool completely, upright on rack, before slicing.