While thinking about all the things that I didn’t get accomplished this past week, I was reflecting on what the book of James, first of all taught me, and then my Sunday School class about our plan making. The Bible comes out clearly with the truth that God sets the times and seasons and He has the power to change our set plans in a minute.
James 4:13 instructs those who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money” with the reminder, “You do not even know what will happen tomorrow…Instead you ought to say, ‘If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that’”. The Bible does not condemn future planning, but it’s simply that we should never leave God out of our plans. In the old days people used to add the letters D.V. to all such intentions, an abbreviation for a short Latin phrase, Deo Volente, which means ‘God willing’.
The mere use of the phrase itself can become a pious cliché – perhaps that’s why it has largely disappeared – but the attitude of humble dependence on God as we face the future is the vital thing to retain.
So, God willing–my goals/plans for this week:
1) Of course, daily devotions from “In Touch” Magazine, journaling, and prayer.
2) Study for Jr.-Sr. High Sunday School Class – Book of James 5:1-6 “Money, Money,
3) Memorize James 2:5, “Hearken my brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of the
world rich in faith, and heirs of the Kingdom which he hath promised to them that
Home & Family:
1) Weekly meal planning on Monday.
2) Finish daughter’s bracelet.
Physical & Health:
1) Daily stretching and breathing exercises.
2) Snacking on fruits and vegetables-no junk!
3) Juicing daily.
Ministry to others:
1) Make and send cards to two friends.
2) Make goodie basket for new neighbor! (Still working on this.)
1) Learn something about Lupus on Dr. John Bergman’s Youtube channel, “How to avoid and heal from autoimmune disorders.”
Just for me:
1) Spa day-Epsom salts/lavender oil baths to lower muscle aches, and to help sleep
Tasks completed last week:
Sunday School lesson prepared and verse memorized.
Daily devos and prayer-amazing how they line up with my Sunday School lesson, yes
Two days at the hospital with my husband who had successful parathyroid surgery and
praise God, is recovering well.
Organized craft room.
Crafted 5 cards–Birthday, Thinking of You, Sympathy, Thank You
Did menu planning of the month of November.
Here’s to another productive week, Deo Volente (God Willing)