4 ounces dried spaghetti
2 egg whites, beaten
1 tbs. butter
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green sweet pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano
Non-stick cooking spray
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese, drained
1 egg white
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain
2. Return spaghetti to warm saucepan. Stir butter into hot pasta until melted. Stir
in egg and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper and garlic
until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
4. Mix cottage cheese, egg white and parsley together.
5. Coat a 9″ pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Press spaghetti mixture onto
bottom and up the sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese
mixture over pasta crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle
with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Cut into wedges.
We enjoy this served with garlic bread and a nice tossed salad.
Have a blessed day,