Oh, the wonders of Coconut Oil! Check out this recipe from http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com
Ingredients (Makes About 1 Cup of Whipped Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or try castor or macadamia nut oil)
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
1. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it’s solid.
2. Mix with an electric mixer on high speed with a wire whisk attachment for 3-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency. (After 3 minutes, check back every minute or so until it reaches the right consistency.)
I think I might try using Lavender Essential Oil and/or Tea Tree Oil (Just a few drops to start).